Raising Children 10 Week Programme
Raising Children 10-week Parenting Programme. Our popular Raising Children Parenting programme covers many aspects of parenting including:
- Parenting styles
- Identifying children’s needs
- Understanding challenging behaviour
- Effective discipline
The aim of this course is to offer parents a supportive, informal environment, in which to gain information, knowledge and skills around a range of parenting issues.
- Paddocks Primary School, Newmarket, Rochfort Avenue, Newmarket, CB8 0DL
- Tuesday 9th January 2018, 10 weeks (excluding half term)
- 9:10 – 11:10am
- Westfield Primary Academy; Chalkstone Way, Haverhill, CB9 OBW
- January 11th 2018 for 10 weeks – (excluding half term)
- 9:10am – 11:10am
BARNHAM PRIMARY SCHOOL, IP24 2NG
‘5 week – Raising Children Refresher’
A great opportunity to re-visit many of the topics covered in the full 10 week ‘Raising Children’ courses. Interactive resources, activities and handouts to refresh those techniques!
- January 8th 2018 (5 weeks)
- 6:00 – 8:00pm
- Soham Children’s Centre; Pratt Street, Soham, CB7 5BH
‘Communication for Parents’
Our NEW confidence based parenting course is a 6 week course which combines aspects of our ‘True Colours’ personality based course and our ‘Mindfulness’ course. The aim of this course is to learn new ways of understanding yourself and your child(ren) to foster more effective communication between all family members.
A FUN personality based programme which looks at our dominant personality traits, what motivates us and how we communicate with others.
- Thursday 4th January 2018 – 9:30am – 11am – Newmarket Job Centre
- Thursday 8th February 2018 – 9:30 – 11am – Newmarket Job Centre
- Thursday 29th March 2018 – 9:30 -11am – Newmarket Job Centre
NEWMARKET ACADEMY: Exning Road, Newmarket, CB8 OEB
- September 14th for 6 weeks
- Abundant Life Church, Back Street, Lakenheath
- 7 – 9pm each week.
‘Mindfulness’ – “A spa day for the mind”
– January 8th 2018 – 1:00am – 12pm – Mildenhall Job Centre, 8 Church Yard, IP28 7EE
– February 21st 2018 – 10:00am – 12pm – Mildenhall Job Centre, 8 Church Yard, IP28 7EE
– March 28th 2018 – 10:00am – 12pm – Mildenhall Job Centre, 8 Church Yard, IP28 7EE
- January 18th 2018 – 12:30 -2pm – Newmarket Job Centre, CB8 OWJ
- February 22nd – 12:30 – 2pm – Newmarket Job Centre, CB8 OWJ
- February 21st; February 28th and March 7th (ALL 3 WEEKS)
- 6:30 – 8pm
- Soham Children’s Centre, Pratt Street, CB7 5BH
All Saints Primary School – Vicarage road, Newmarket, CB8 9PX
Monday November 20th – 9 – 11am;
Monday November 27th 9 – 11am
Monday December 4th 9 – 11am.
Glade Primary School – Knapper’s Way, Brandon, IP27 0DA
Wednesday 22nd November 1 – 3pm
Wednesday 29th November 1 – 3pm
Wednesday 6th December 1 – 3pm
Laureate Primary School – Exning Road, Newmarket, CB8 0AN
Friday 24th November – 9:15am – 11:15am
Friday 1st December – 9:15 – 11:15am
Friday 8th December – 9:15 – 11:15am
The Taster Sessions are based on material from the ‘Raising Children’ Pack, which is for any parents/carers of two to twelve year olds.
Some examples of Taster topics are:
- Why do children play up?
- Sibling Rivalry
- Discipline That Works
- Encouragement & Self-Esteem
By the end of each taster the participants will have:
- Recognised they are not alone in their concerns/worries
- Identified two strategies for coping effectively with the session topic
- Information on the progression steps to the ‘Raising Children’ course
For more information or to book your place please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Reading Cafés for Parents
Our Reading Cafe’s are part of our Hungry Caterpillar project focused at encouraging effective reading time with children at home. The Reading cafe’s will be held at the following places:
Next term dates TBC.
FREE OF CHARGE
Our workshops are aimed at Parents who want to learn more and make a difference to a child’s
life, and look into children’s behaviour and how to deal with it.
For further information or to book a place please contact:
07867 568339 or 01638 665997
Downloads for Professionals
Sharing Parenting Programme offers:
- A range of Parenting Support Programmes.
- Training, Mentoring and Supervision for Professionals Working with Parents.
- Creative Resources
Parent Support Programmes: a range of opportunities for parents to gain confidence and knowledge in their role as parents.
- Raising Toddlers
- Raising Children
- Raising Teenagers
- Sibling Rivalry
- Taster Sessions for parents
- One to One Support
- Raising Children - 'Let's Play'
- Raising Children - 'Food for Thought'
Professional Support Programs include:
- CPD Workshops
- Facilitation Training
- Mentoring Supervision and Support
- Bespoke Training and Support