The National Occupational Standards require that all parenting tutors undertake curriculum supervision and support.
The Sharing Parenting team feel it is important for any facilitator to have appropriate supervision for working with parents.
In the first year of training it is strongly advised to build supervision into the facilitation process.
- In-house group
- Telephone and Email support
- Geographical group
When we do it?
During the later stages of facilitation training (stage 2 or 3) supervision will ideally be required at 3 points. Pre-course, mid-course, end of course.
The facilitator has to have a supervision agreement set up at the beginning of the facilitation process, between management trainee and supervisor.
- Understanding of content
- Delivery issues
- Group process
- Personal concerns
- Resources / network
Downloads for Professionals
Sharing Parenting Programme offers:
- A range of Parenting Support Programmes.
- Training, Mentoring and Supervision for Professionals Working with Parents.
- Creative Resources
Parent Support Programmes: a range of opportunities for parents to gain confidence and knowledge in their role as parents.
- Raising Toddlers
- Raising Children
- Raising Teenagers
- Sibling Rivalry
- Taster Sessions for parents
- One to One Support
- Raising Children - 'Let's Play'
- Raising Children - 'Food for Thought'
Professional Support Programs include:
- CPD Workshops
- Facilitation Training
- Mentoring Supervision and Support
- Bespoke Training and Support