Has the conversation dried up in your house or would you like something new to talk about?
Our lovely team has put together a list of suggestions for you and your family.
Choose ONE from this list to connect with your family members – you might learn something new about each other too!
You can print them and cut them up individually or it would be a great writing exercise for the children to write them out.
Fold them up and pop them into a jar or cup and put them in a jar.
You can then take it in turns to choose one at random next tea time.
We’d love to hear your ideas too! Contact us to let us know how you get on.
(avoiding lockdown and Covid 19 conversations)
- If you could be any animal what would it be?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Would you prefer to climb a mountain or go scuba diving ?
- If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
- What are you grateful for today?
- If you could time travel where would you go?
- Which celebrity would you like to meet?
- If you were a super hero what superpower would you have?
- What has been the happiest day of your life so far?
- What cartoon character would you most like to be and why?
- Who is your best friend and why are they your best friend?
- What is your favourite movie of all time and why?
- Describe your perfect day?
- If you could change 1 thing in the world what would you change?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- If you could only keep 2 of your toys which ones would you choose?
- What is your favourite season?
- If you could be friends with a character from a book, which character would you choose and why?
- What ice cream flavour would you invent if you could?
- What is your favourite sport and why?
- Who is your favourite celebrity?
- Where is your most special place in the world?
- If you were stuck on an island and could only have one delivery of food that would be on repeat each week what would be on the list? Only ten items allowed!
- If you could open your own zoo which animals would you put in it and why? Only 7 animals allowed!
- What is your favourite book and can you tell me part of the story.
- If you were given a chance to design your own shoe with no price limit what special features would it have? (Start with some examples of own ideas e.g.. lights, hover, cash card slot)
- If you could change how schools were run what would you change, knowing that all children still had to attend for 25 hours a week?
- How do you think the country should be run and why?
- If you were to win 10 million pounds but were not allowed to keep the money who would you give it to and why? (Only 8 choices of groups or people combined!)
- What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone?
- What are 5 things you wish I knew about you?
- Do you have a dream of being able to do something or become something? What is that dream?
- What is the one thing you would like to learn how to do and why?
- If you became famous, how would you use your fame to be a good role model for other kids?
- If you had £20 to do anything you wanted, what would you do with it?
- Describe yourself in 3 words …
- If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for and why?
- If you could travel backward in time one year but wouldn’t be able to travel back again, would you?
- What do you think bears dream about when they hibernate?
- If you could take 4 things onto a desert island, what would you take, and why?
- What’s your first memory?
- What’s your favourite pizza?
- What’s the best thing abut the person on your right?
- What’s your favourite sweet or chocolate?
- What’s the best decision you ever made?
- Where’s the furthest you have travelled?
- What’s your favourite TV programme?
- What’s your favourite City?
- What’s your favourite song?
- Name two really great things about your brother (different members of your family) – ideally with that person present!
- Tell me two things about you that make you really proud of yourself?
- What two new things have you learnt this week / this year?
- What really amazing things you have you noticed recently?
- What relaxing moments have you had today/ this week?
- What things did you do for yourself today?
- What things did you do today/ last year that you would like to do again tomorrow/ this year/ next year?
- Things I like about my town/ my street/ my country/ my world?
- If you were given a million pounds what would you do with it?
- If we had no power for a week what exciting things could we do?
- Tell me something interesting you have noticed today/ this week?
written by one of our teams 9 year old – play along for a great insight into a child’s world.
- What have you learnt about yourself during lockdown?
- What is the first place you want to go after lockdown?
- What is the place you miss going to the most?
- Is there a restaurant you want to go to after lockdown?
- What family member will you see first?
- Have you learnt to cook any new meals?
- What is the best thing that happened to you in lockdown?
- What family member are you missing the most?
- Have you worried more about any family members than others? and why?
- Have you ever been more excited to get outside and go somewhere?!
- If you have had a birthday in lockdown – was it better / worse than expected?
- Do you think you will ever miss the time you had while we’ve been in lockdown / or what might you miss about it?
- What have you learnt about a family member that you didn’t know before during lockdown?
- Has the time and distance from ‘normality’ inspired you to do / learn / create something new ? if so what?
- What are you missing while being in lockdown?
- What takeaways are you missing in lockdown?
Above all have fun!
‘The best thing you can spend on your children is TIME’
If you would like to print the list your can download the list HERE
If you have any other ideas you would like to share please do contact us.
Look out for other tips and sharing on our Facebook page too.
You may also be interested in: