Do you find yourself asking:
“Why won’t they listen to me?”
“How can I be ready for my child’s next stage?”
“Am I saying or doing the right thing?“
At Sharing Parenting we believe all parents deserve access to good quality and reliable parenting information and support.
What other job do you start without the relevant training, supervision and support – not to mention lack of sleep, time and money!?
Join us and other parents, who are experiencing the same challenges as you, on our popular Raising Children course.
This is an open access parenting course, delivered once a week over 10 weeks – each session is 2 hours long.
It is most suited to parents with children aged from two to twelve years old.
Some of the topics you will cover on this course are:
- Parenting Roles – Learn to give yourself a pat on the back for all the roles you play everyday
- Communication – Styles of parenting – What is an assertive parent?
- Needs – Our children’s needs and our needs too
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour – What are the reasons behind the behaviour and how can we support them with this?
- Active Listening – what does this really mean?
- Effective Discipline – find the best way to set boundries at the same time as supporting your childs self esteem
- Labelling – Does a label effect behaviour?
- Building Self-Esteem – at home, with friendships, school work and more
The primary aim of this parenting programme is to offer parents a supportive, informal environment, in which to gain information, knowledge and skills around parenting issues.
This course offers parents an opportunity to meet other parents, share experiences, learn from each other and get some advice and strategies to help them through the primary years.
Please see our other Courses – Raising Toddlers, Raising Teens, Dads Matter, Outside the Box, Sibling Rivalry, Let’s Play, Food for Thought, True Colours, Building Resilience, Mindfulness, and Confident Parents-Confident Children.
Please see our one or half day Workshops – An Introduction to Building Resilience, An Introduction to Mindfulness, An Introduction to True Colours and An Introduction to Confident Parents-Confident Children.
Please see our 1 to 2 hour, one-off Tasters – Power Struggles, How To Talk So Kids Will Listen, Motivating Your Child Academically, Parenting Styles, Sibling Rivalry, Understanding Challenging Behaviour, Labelling, Effective Discipline, Birth Order, True Colours and Dads Matter.
Please also read our Sharing Parenting Stories and Feedback from other parents who have attended our programmes.
Please contact us for more information about any of the above or to register your interest by clicking the button below: