Do you find yourself asking:
“Why doesn’t my teenager want to talk to me anymore?”
“Why does my teenager want to spend all their time with their friends or in their room?”
“What is happening to my teenagers brain and how can I support them with these changes?”
At Sharing Parenting we believe all parents should have access to good quality, reliable parenting information and support.
What other job do you start without the relevant training, supervision and support – not to mention lack of sleep, time and money!?
Online Course and Workshops
Please see our online courses and workshops – These include Raising Children’s 10 weeks sessions which are available for you to access at anytime convenient to you.
Parenting Teenagers Resources
Join us and other parents and carers on our Raising Teens course which is an open access parenting course, delivered once a week for 10 weeks – two hour sessions each week aimed at parents of teenagers.
Some of the topics covered on both these courses are:-
- Parenting Roles – Learn to give your self a pat on the back for all the parenting roles you play everyday
- Communication – Styles of parenting – What is an assertive parent and how does this support your teenager?
- Needs – Our changing teenager’s needs and our needs too
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour – Why does your teenager want to take risk taking activities?
- Active Listening – What does this really mean and how does this help to keep a calm house?
- Effective Discipline – What positive behaviour changes can you make to support your teenager?
- Labelling – Does a label effect behaviour?
- Building Self-Esteem – at home, with friendships, school work, exams and more
The primary aim of this parenting programme is to offer parents a supportive, informal environment, in which to gain information, knowledge and skills around parenting issues for parents of pre-teens, teenagers and young adults.
You may also be interested to read:
Time for Teens and
Please see our other Courses – Raising Toddlers, Raising Children, Dads Matter, Outside the Box, Sibling Rivalry, Let’s Play, Food for Thought, Building Resilience, Mindfulness, and Confident Parents-Confident Children.
Please see our one or half day Workshops – An Introduction to Building Resilience, An Introduction to Mindfulness, An Introduction to True Colours and An Introduction to Confident Parents-Confident Children.
Please see our 1 to 2 hour one-off Tasters – Power Struggles, How To Talk So Kids Will Listen, Motivating Your Child Academically, Parenting Styles, Sibling Rivalry, Understanding Challenging Behaviour, Labelling, Effective Discipline, Birth Order, True Colours and Dads Matter.
Please also read our Sharing Parenting Stories and Feedback from other parents who have attended our programmes.