Did you attend our Raising Children Course a while ago but have fallen back into old habits?
Would you like to practice some of the skills and strategies you learnt on the Raising Children Course again?
Would you like to meet with other parents and carers who have also attended the Raising Children course?
With the best will in the world, we are all human and it is easy to slip back in to old habits (remember the crossing of your arms exercise and what is ‘comfortable’?)
This course runs once a week, 2 hour sessions, for 4 weeks.
Some of the topics you will re- cover are:
- Parenting Roles – Learn to give your self a pat on the back for all the roles you play everyday – remember to celebrate the things you are doing well (however small).
- Communication- Styles of parenting – What is an assertive parent?
- Needs – Our children’s needs and our needs too. Have you remembered to fill your jug?
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour What strategies can we adapt as our children get older?
- Active Listening – What does this really mean?
- Effective Discipline – What is effective discipline?
- Labelling – Does a label effect behaviour in a ositive or negative way?
- Building Self-Esteem – at home, with friendships, school work and more.
The primary aim of this parenting programme is to offer parents a supportive, informal environment, in which to gain new information, re-cap on previous knowledge and skills around parenting issues.
This course offers parents an opportunity to meet other parents who have been on the Raising Children or Raising Teens course, share experiences, learn from each other, celebrate what is working and get some new advice and strategies to help them support their children’s self esteem.
Please also read our Sharing Parenting Stories and Feedback from other parents who have attended our programmes.
Please see our Courses (1 or 2 hour sessions held once a week, delivered over several weeks) – Raising Toddlers, Raising Children, Raising Teens, Dads Matter, Outside the Box, Sibling Rivalry, Let’s Play, Food for Thought, Building Resilience, True Colours, Mindfulness and Confident Parents-Confident Children.
Please see our one or half day Workshops (one off sessions delivered in one or half a day) – An Introduction to Building Resilience, An Introduction to Mindfulness, and An Introduction to Confident Parents-Confident Children.
Please see our one-off Tasters (one off sessions delivered in 1-2 hours) – Power Struggles, How To Talk So Kids Will Listen, Motivating Your Child Academically, Parenting Styles, Sibling Rivalry, Understanding Challenging Behaviour, Labelling, Effective Discipline, Birth Order, True Colours and Dads Matter.